October 22, 2022 - 7:30pm
PRECONCERT CHAT: 6:45pm
• Maturing intellect - Work for solo violin and viola, composed when Mozart was 23.
• Inspiration - Mozart was greatly influenced by the operas of Gluck.
• Pure genius - One of the most awe-inspiring moments in music occurs in the last movement of the Jupiter Symphony when Mozart sets five themes into motion simultaneously during the fugal section.
- Gluck Orfeo ed Euridice Overture | 4'
- Mozart Sinfonia Concertante in E-Flat Major, K. 364 | 30'
Kristin Pfeifer Yu, violin; Laurel Yu, viola
- Mozart Symphony No. 41 in C Major, K. 551 'Jupiter" | 31'
Whitehead Auditorium. Reservations Required.
Tickets $28 each. Call (229) 333-2150.