September 25, 2021 - 7:30pm
PRECONCERT CHAT: 6:45pm
* Musical imagery - Debussy's suite evokes various scenes, such as a boat gliding across the water.
* Competition winner - Concert Artists Guild award-winner, Britton-René Collins, has soloed with the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra.
* Marimba virtuosity - The Rosauro is the most popular marimba concerto and explores four-mallet technique.
*Beloved favorites - Explosive music from Puccini's final work includes his beloved "Nessun dorma."
- Rameau Les Boréades RCT 31, Act 4, Scene 4: Entrée pour les Muses | 8 mins
Rosauro Marimba Concerto No. 1 | 18 mins
Britton-René Collins, marimba
- Debussy Petite Suite (arr. Brakee) | 15 mins
- Puccini Music from Turandot (arr. Boyd) | 18 mins